A great deal for workshop Members!
By becoming a member of Red Hot Press, you can be involved in a lively programme of projects and exhibitions. In 2017 members had the opportunity to be involved in three major exhibitions through the workshop. These were our major exhibition Red Hot Press Printmakers 2017 at Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Making a Mark at Rums Eg gallery in Romsey and A Journey through Print at Southampton City Art Gallery.
You will also become part of a growing community of up and coming and established artist/printmakers who share ideas, talk about their work and support each other's professional practice.
Barbara Hamilton has been a member of Red Hot Press for 4 years. She first joined when she enrolled on The Foundation in Printmaking. The following year she completed the Diploma in Printmaking and has continued her membership ever since. Barbara uses the Open Access sessions regularly and is an active member of Cowprint, our artists’ group. She has taken part in our Exhibitions at Sir Harold Hillier Gardens and Summer Open Studios here at the workshop where her work is very popular. Barbara’s first love is monoprinting but she also produces lino and woodcuts and turns her hand to bookbinding too.
'I love Red Hot Press because it has great courses, a friendly well equipped workshop and is a place for advice, help and inspiration'.
What are the benefits
- Independent use of the workshop facilities on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week and the first Saturday of each month and late night opening (until 9pm) on the last Tuesday each month.
- Free entry to our members’ summer exhibition.
- 10% discount on taught courses.
- Cowprint group meeting once a month.
- 10% Discount from Art Effects Picture Framing in Southampton.
- 10% discount at Perry’s Art shop in East Street Southampton., at Philip Poole Bespoke Picture Framing in Fareham. and at Hawthorn Printmaker Suppliers (when you spend £50 or more)
- Access to a lively programme of exhibitions printmaking projects and events.
What does membership cost?
Membership rates are calculated on a sliding scale throughout the year depending on when you join - they are all renewable on 1st September each year. Membership prices are for waged or retired/unwaged.
- September - December £80/£70
- January - February £70/£60
- March - April £55/£48
- May - June £40/£35
- July - August* £35/£30
* Renew for the whole of next year and get these two months free!
Membership of the workshop enables you to have independent use of the workshop facilities for £7 per hour from 10am - 4:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week and the first Saturday of each month.
We also offer late night opening until 9pm on the last Tuesday of each month. The workshop is fully equipped for Intaglio and Relief printmaking as well as screen printing, letterpress and bookbinding.
Katherine is in the workshop on a Tuesday and Sarah is here on a Thursday. If you would like to use the workshop on an open access basis, we ask that you give us 24hrs notice that you are coming, so that we can monitor the number of people wishing to attend.
Supervised Practice is ideal for people who have been on a course with us and would like to continue with a printmaking technique they have learnt but are not quite ready for membership or independent working on our Open Access days.
This is not a taught course and you should be able to work semi-independently but there is some technical help and support available on the day.
Supervised Practice days run on the first Saturday of each month 10am - 2pm and cost £40 (no session in August) You will need to book in advance for this. You can use the link below to download a booking form.