A great deal for workshop Members!
By becoming a member of Red Hot Press, you can be involved in a lively programme of projects and exhibitions. In 2017 members had the opportunity to be involved in three major exhibitions through the workshop. These were our major exhibition Red Hot Press Printmakers 2017 at Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Making a Mark at Rums Eg gallery in Romsey and A Journey through Print at Southampton City Art Gallery.
You will also become part of a growing community of up and coming and established artist/printmakers who share ideas, talk about their work and support each other's professional practice.
What are the benefits
- Independent use of the workshop facilities on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week and the first Saturday of each month and late night opening (until 9pm) on the last Tuesday each month.
- Free entry to our members’ summer exhibition.
- 10% discount on taught courses.
- Cowprint group meeting once a month
- 10% discount at Perry’s Art shop in East Street Southampton, at Philip Poole Bespoke Picture Framing in Fareham and at Hawthorn Printmaker Suppliers (when you spend £50 or more)
- Access to a lively programme of exhibitions printmaking projects and events.
What does membership cost?
Membership rates are calculated on a sliding scale throughout the year depending on when you join - they are all renewable on 1st September each year. Membership prices are for waged or retired/unwaged.
- September - December £80/£70
- January - February £70/£60
- March - April £55/£48
- May - June £40/£35
- July - August* £35/£30
* Renew for the whole of next year and get these two months free!
Cowprint Group - Open to all workshop members
Cowprint is our members group which meet at the workshop usually on the last Tuesday evening of each month. This year as well as continuing with group projects and print exchanges, Cowprint will be continuing to host a series of talks by Artist/Printmakers. These are great opportunities to get an insight into different Artists inspiration and background to their work. Here is the programme up until June.
Tuesday February 27th - Supporting members' work - Work by Jo Price
and Pam Baldaro
- Tuesday 27th March Supporting members' work and Cowprint Look Group
Tuesday 24th April Talk by Artist/Printmaker Sarah Mander
- Tuesday 29th May Talk by Francheska Pattisson
- Tuesday 26th June AGM Supporting members' work
Membership of the workshop enables you to have independent use of the workshop facilities for £7 per hour from 10am - 4:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week and the first Saturday of each month.
We also offer late night opening until 9pm on the last Tuesday of each month. The workshop is fully equipped for Intaglio and Relief printmaking as well as screen printing, letterpress and bookbinding.
Katherine is in the workshop on a Tuesday and Sarah is here on a Thursday. If you would like to use the workshop on an open access basis, we ask that you give us 24hrs notice that you are coming, so that we can monitor the number of people wishing to attend.
Supervised Practice is ideal for people who have been on a course with us and would like to continue with a printmaking technique they have learnt but are not quite ready for membership or independent working on our Open Access days.
This is not a taught course and you should be able to work semi-independently but there is some technical help and support available on the day.
Supervised Practice days run on the first Saturday of each month 10am - 2pm and cost £40 (no session in August) You will need to book in advance for this. You can use the link below to download a booking form.